My sister, the magical floating cat.
Category Archives: My Sibs
My sister Quest seems to be exhibiting some of the signs of cat dementia. From what Momma found on the internet, those can include:
- Spatial disorientation or confusion – getting trapped in corners or forgetting the location of the litter box.
Yes! Yes! :-/
- Altered relationships either with their owners or other pets in the household – increased attention seeking or aggression.
She seeks almost constant attention during her waking hours when one of the humans are around.
- Increased irritability or anxiety, or decreased response to stimuli.
- Changes in sleeping patterns.
Sleep? Does she sleep? She just paces and paces…Okay wait, she will sleep if one of the humans is holding her.
- Inappropriate vocalization such as loud crying at night.
- Loss of memory, such as forgetting commands or breaking house training.
Oh boy, yes.
- Changes in activity – aimless wandering or pacing, or reduced activity.
She wanders aimlessly most of the time, unless she’s standing still in one spot….for half an hour at a time.
- Lack of interest in food, although some cats actually want more food.
She has the increased desire for food.
- Decreased grooming.
She has stopped grooming altogether.
- Confusion about time, such as forgetting that they have just been fed.
Surely someone out there has experience with this or words of wisdom or something that perhaps helped you with the situation?
It’s my birthday and I want cake!!
Today I am 12 years old. My sister Quest is sweet 16.
We want cake!